Sunday, February 19, 2012

when woe; walk

'after brown comes green,' watercolor
when greg comes home later, i'll try working in wax again.  i tripped circuits in my studio by using too many gadgets i guess.  still getting used to the new house. :)  anyway, greg will fix it!  and instead of getting aggravated, i watercolored and went for a walk,,,  you can see the last waterdrop still on my sketch 'after brown comes green.'  i painted this from a photo i took last summer of a cicada molting.  a molt is very intriguing and spiritual to me.

prairie hill in sunny winter
i have a romance with the prairie.  i love it all ~ the textures, the vastness, the ruggedness and the wild.

winter bouquet
i picked a dry winter's bouquet,,, found a stake and barbed wire too.  instead of death, i see resilience.  even the tiniest of tendrils are tough on the prairie.
big bloom/mini vase


 here's another dead flower that i'm  going to really enjoy seeing bloom.  the hill is covered with them! 

I'm going to close with this thought:

"I suppose that since most of our hurts come from relationships so will our healing, and I know that grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside."  -The Shack

A true statement. But I know someone who is healing through 'dance,'  and my healing has come through 'nature'.  

Wishing everyone a happy and whole week. :)   


No comments:

Post a Comment