Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Things I found on Prairie Hill today...

East side of Prairie Hill
Walking around "Prairie Hill" this evening I found some beautiful little 
jump-on-spring flowers growing out of this dry, rocky terrain,,,
"Crow Poison" or "False Garlic"
"Missouri Violet"
"Spring Beauty"
"Narrow Leafed Puccoon"
Spiral Lichen
Altar to a Broken Heart
And I found a broken heart!
Yes, I picked it up and brought it home.  :)

I'm working on a small watercolor journal of prairie flowers.  I've painted 18 flowers so far and I'm using my latest book, Roadside Flowers of Oklahoma, to help with identification.   This is a very informative, yet relaxing and meditative 'project.'     

"Then I discovered the prairie and a slow healing began." -S. Jones

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the spiral lichen....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I knew you'd like the spiral - I actually thought of you when I saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that spiral lichen cuaght my attention as well ~ beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke - I have a hard time not dragging everything home. ;) I left it and now enjoy passing by it on my walks.

      Delete