Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bison & Lemon Monarda

bison calf
lemon monarda
three adolescents butt heads!
This evening we went into the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge...the entry marker is just down the street from our house. We are on the same prairie ~ only a fence separates us ~ in the spirit it is all the same,,,  :) 

I love to see the bison on the other side of the fence though!  The red calves born last month are amazing right now!  Also, lemon monarda is blanketing fields in lavender splendor.  

my neighbors

This is home.
It's heavenly.

4 comments:

  1. Lemon Mondarda... wow... wish I could grow THAT! I suppose as an annual we could up here, its beautiful. Is it edible as a tea as is the other monardas? Lovely little bison, too. Happy long weekend to you!
    V & ^;^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so happy to see bison still roaming our prairies...even if some reside behind fences, it's still a freeing feeling. What great neighbors you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images Sandra -- until this post, I didn't know the beautiful flower as "lemon monarda"'s existence. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lemon monarda is so exquisite and frilly! you can consume every part. my sister and i have been making tea and as it ages more it can be used like oregano. it's amazing and it's so abundant right now. what a frill! :)

    ReplyDelete