Saturday, August 25, 2012

august days

i like to visit this snake tree
clouds like flames in evening sky
i was thinking about something while in the wildlife refuge...
it's not about our fancy cameras or apps, 
it's not at all about us -
nature needs no help.

i take a picture
and nature takes my breath away. 

time to fry some okra
i saw a funny ad for a chocolate store while in New Orleans:

"chocolate is nature's way of making up for okra."

i had to chuckle.  i love me some chocolate
but i love me some okra too!
it's an oklahoma summer staple!!

three humps
"the summer night is like a perfection of thought."
-wallace stevens

i've been water-coloring some new flowers 
and re-painted some that didn't look right.  
i liked the honesty of a friend who
 told me i could do better.  i agree.

i hope to share a ton of flower pictures tomorrow.

i hear rain and thunder!
rain!
hope you are having a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Three humps and rain! Oh, you're sooo lucky you've got rain! I don't think it's rained here since April! Don't tell anyone, but I'm looking forward to winter.
    (i know...). Beautiful Sunday to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete