Tuesday, August 28, 2012

roadside wildflowers

Nits & Lice (or Hypericum drummondii)
Love the whorled petals!

unidentified
Even the tiniest bloom is worthy of notice. :)
Dotted gay feather
Blue sage
Missouri goldenrod

unidentified
Daisy
These are not the greatest pictures but I wanted to keep record of 
wildflowers that I found just driving and walking through the wildlife refuge
last Friday. These are all hardy blooms to show their beauty in the 
heat of August with little rain...
I'm still lovingly :) adding EVERY southwest Oklahoma
wildflower to my big bouquet of mini watercolors.

I hope your week is off to a great start...

Stay rooted and grounded in love.

2 comments:

  1. More incredible flowers here! That unidentified one looks a lot like one of the goldenrods... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. V- That is the beginning of Goldenrod (heralder of fall)!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete