Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Drama on Prairie Hill


Flora Noir, papercut
Drama on Prairie Hill
Autopsia, photo
The sunrises and sunsets have been extraordinary!
All God has to do is sneeze and there's a living canvas of glory! :)

Anyway,,, I have always enjoyed silhouettes 
and for a long-time brewing is an idea for a new papercut,,,
of the post oaks and dried flowers.   
These images inspire me.

Flora Noir (above) is one of my older pieces -
a large papercut from a single sheet of paper,,
A favorite piece I could never sell. :) 

The Creation of Friendship!
This male Oklahoma Brown tarantula was walking around my yard,,
and I'm working up my nerve to let one crawl up my hand... 
Hope to share a pic with you when that happens.

Be brave! Have a great day!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sandra,
    That paper cut is divine! Well done! I too love silhouettes...
    Are tarantula's poisonous? Do they bite?

    I love the closing...Be brave.
    Thank you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee - A tarantula would only bite out of defense and it would feel like a mere bee sting to us. Not poisonous - only people with an allergic reaction would need treatment.

      Be brave! :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. I love paper cuts, and didn't know you made them - its quite beautiful!! And good luck with Mr. Tarantula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper-cuts have this certain love-able quality about them, don't they? :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. My most recent cut was a couple of rascally coyotes. I can't seem to get a good photo of this work though!

      Delete
  4. So intricate, the paper cut. All one continuous cut! The coolest. And the tarantula reminds me....any sign of Tara this year? They sure are interesting creatures, aren't they. Watch out! Haha.

    ReplyDelete