Tuesday, October 16, 2012

anticipation

I want to break into silence.  Yes, silence.  There are so many 'voices,,,' even just reading something - is a voice.  I want to hear birds and winds.  I want away from work, people, routines, computers, electronics, e-mails,,, and on and on. I want the basics. I want to empty my mind and let my primal man commune with earth and spirit. Dust to dust and more.  A few more days and I'll be on a camping/hiking trip with a friend. I will be in nature. In silence and wonder.  Simple food and bare shelter. Stars. Fire. Fear.

3 comments:

  1. Quiet! Shush...yes, the silence sounds good now, doesn't it? Interesting you should want some time away from peeps, computers and emails. Me too! I just got back from three heavenly days immersed in nature only. No work, no computer, no traffic, just birds! I became friends with the magpies. Every time I turned around, there was a magpie! Go now! Go on your camping trip and commune with fire and nature and bird song and wonder...and wander! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love magpies! Don't see them here though. :( I have a couple more days until my wilderness adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know that feeling very well! Have a calm time!

    ReplyDelete