Thursday, October 4, 2012

tornado and more

i found more bottles on my exploratory walk this evening,,,
but i'm 'diggin' my other unearthed rustic treasure,
a "ready-made" tornado!
it's twisting on my balcony now.

great article on quannah parker, the comanche leader
 these are my current reads.
i highly recommend Quiet!

"the wind howls, but the mountain remains still. " 
-japanese proverb 

peanut butter cookies and saucepan cocoa brownies
colder weather makes me want to bake!
i copied this saucepan cocoa brownies recipe out of
laura ingalls/little house on the praire coobook many moons ago
and it goes like this,,,

1/2 c. butter
2 lrg eggs
6 tbs. unsweetened cocoa
1 c. gran. sugar
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 c. coarsely chopped nuts

grease 8x8" glass pan
preheat oven to 325
combine butter and cocoa in medium saucepan
and heat over low heat, stirring, until melted.
set aside to cool.
when cocoa is lukewarm, beat in sugar and vanilla.
beat in eggs, one at a time.
add the flour and salt 
and beat just until combined.
stir in nuts.
pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. 

hope you are enjoying something comforting this week.
maybe some quiet too.  :)

 

4 comments:

  1. Ok, now you've got me going on a late night chocolate craving!! It is quiet here these days, listening to leaves float through the air and rustle on the ground. Interesting sounding books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, cool tornado! And the book sounds great! I am a fan of being quite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title of the second book spoke to me when I came across it at the library. I read bits and pieces of it and I liked it. I'm an introvert for the most part, so I could relate. And now...I shall bake some brownies appropriate for this little spanish adobe on the prairie. Peace and quiet to you too, SanD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued by the book ~ now to see if I can find a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete