Wednesday, December 26, 2012

snow******

this was our christmas day snow storm. you may think mild, but not so! 
This snow shot by sideways with a bitter cold 48 mph wind!

christmas was a total bust for me this year.  i missed out on two family dinners.  i had to stick with rice
and carrots yesterday.  today there was finally some improvement. something i need to figure out is the
cause of this abdominal discomfort and all the symptoms that come with it.  i was speaking with someone
who also had an appendectomy a year ago and she told me of some food changes she had to make. 

zody has been by my constant side and greg on the other. :)

been enjoying this wonderful book.


are you getting lots of snow?

"everything is complicated; if that were not so, 
life and poetry and everything else would be a bore."
-wallace stevens

  

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy your prairie got dusted with snow! Hearing about your ailment, not so.
    Lately, I've been hearing alot of positive and renewing and astounding results with fasting. In fact, I start my seven day fast January 21st. I'm reading a stack of books on the various ways and what to expect. My dad, 91, swears by it. My girlfriends do too. So, if you read about it, you will be amazed at what you can expect! And, you don't have to do it for that long. Even three or four day fasts work wonders!
    Hope you feel better soon so you can go traipsing about your hill! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lynn! Yes, there is something to fasting! My body went on a fast without my will this time. ha! I think today's overly-processed food wears us down on all levels.
    Are you ready for the New Year!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra - oh, what a bummer to miss out on family feasting... when you're better, maybe you'll need a good, Christmas meal! Glad you're feeling a bit better. I had a bout with interstitial cystitis this month and, boy, my case was very mild, but it is NO fun. Good luck and feel better and happy snow! We have almost a foot here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V - I will make up for it on New Year's. :) I'm glad you are also better from the cystitis. So how does Pasha like the snow? Stay warm... my thoughts have been with you during this holiday season.

      Delete