Sunday, February 10, 2013

studio mess and encaustic

"a creative mess is better than tidy idleness."

blackbird w/black seeds, encaustic collage
bird w/sunflower and seeds, encaustic collage
"the object isn't to make art, it's to be in that state 
which makes art inevitable."  - robert henri

  i worked on several encaustic pieces this weekend.
 it's a tedious process,,,
not only mental (ha!) but selecting & applying supplies.  
the weather also has to be favorable so that i can open the studio
door and window - good ventilation is a must when working
with encaustic. i like how the bird panels turned out 
and i'll unveil another special piece tomorrow. 
 it's so precious that greg has put claims on it. 

hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the seeds in the work.. great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Both are so lovely...

    I LOVE your studio! I had the windows open today, though it is -10*C...I needed air in this place!
    Gosh. I wish you were closer...I have so, so much ephemera that is going...Recycled or to card makers. Ugh. Though I am sure you have no lack of inspiring matter...

    Keep it up I love seeing your works!
    xo

    ReplyDelete