Wednesday, February 20, 2013

sweet potato pie!



Today's cold & rainy weather put me in a baking mood!
so I made a sweet potato pie! 

Here's the recipe in case you'd like to try it.

1 lb sweet potato
1/2 c softened butter
1/2 c milk
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar ( I mixed half white & half brown)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
9" pie crust

Boil the sweet potato until done.  Run under cold water and remove skin.
Break open in a bowl and add the butter. Mix thoroughly with a mixer.
Add all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly again.
Pour filling into the pie crust and bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.

Enjoy with whipped cream!

p.s. "Sweet Potato Pie!" is one of mine and Greg's favorite expressions!
As in, "Sweet potato pie it rained today!!!"

4 comments:

  1. Sweet potato pie I'm making one of those today!
    Sweet potato pie there's a red tail hawk living in our spruce tree!
    Sweet potato pie it's snowing here today! (Again)
    Sweet potato pie you and th' Greggers are so funny!
    Now you've
    Got me
    Hooked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! Prairie Girl!! you've got the hang of it now. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I noticed I was eating way more of it than my husband,,, found out he is not that fond of it. ha! I will just mark it off my bucket list. :)

      Delete