Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Earth Day Again

Lost and Found Nest
 I wanted to post something for Earth Day yesterday.
However, I got caught up in a wonderful busy evening.
I attended a workshop on Native American flute playing. 
The Ethnomusicologist from OU came to
Cameron University for a presentation.
I learned quite a bit and now I'm itching to buy another flute:
I'd like to add a cedar to my sunflower instrument.
Hope this isn't going to become too addicting. :)

I usually like to spend time outdoors on Earth Day, but I got
home around 7ish; just enough time left for a small stroll around
 the neighborhood trail with Zody & Greg.  
And Greg is home again in the evenings.  Two months of night 
rehearsals for the latest musical 'Drowsy Chaperone' are over. 
I saw a performance last Friday and it was so much fun.

Today, we received our 10 trees from the Arbor Day Society.



While I wait for warmer days to plant these seedlings, I'll just
fashion a wire lilac tree - my latest commission.  :)

The accidental surprise in the paint palette.
"We could have never loved the earth so
 well if we had had no childhood in it..."

Here's to another earth day!

3 comments:

  1. no wait for next year celebrate earth day with regular basis by save earth concept.
    http://dealtz.com/blog/?p=165

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool nest!
    What kinds of tree seedlings did you get? Ooh fun!!
    Go on! Get a cedar flute! You know you want one. ( what's one more flute?)
    Happy days to you! Sounds like some beautiful happenings around your place.
    I love the quote.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting nest... do you know from what kind of bird? Looks a bit like a oriole nest, but the hole is in the wrong place for them.

    I have a cedar flute and love it!

    ReplyDelete