Sunday, April 7, 2013

This trip will be with me forever.

 
 
 
 

up the Italy trip.  These are random shots in Rome.

I went to Venice when I was 16, but couldn't
appreciate the art and architecture at that age.
This trip allowed me to see some of the most exquisite
works of art - especially the Sandro Boticelli room at the
Uffizi in Florence.  I got as close as I could to the 
delicate brushwork of flowers on Primavera and
The Birth of Venus.  And I lingered as long as I could 
under Michelangelo's Sistine Ceiling at the Vatican.  
The Cimabue and Masacchio paintings were 
also special to me.

This trip will be with me forever.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful... as all of these trip=posts have been! (well, and ALL your posts!)
    I'm now craving a cappuccino!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why, sister! The beauty, the history, the art, the old buildings the food the cappuccinos! I'm going to read the newest post before I go to sleep tonight. It looks like a long and juicy story. ;)
    I'm so glad you had such a fantastic time there. I'm glad you're home safe, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for enduring these on-going posts about Italy... almost done. ha ha!

      Delete
  3. I can see why. Love that heart on the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete