Wednesday, July 10, 2013

nature and macaroons





the other night we watched a fireworks display for 
medicine park's birthday celebration, as we walked back 
to the house i looked up at the night sky and saw
a million stars it seemed. the twinkling of these stars
was so much better than fireworks. 

you can never outdo nature. 

Hello from Tody!

made something sweet tonight...


COCONUT MACAROONS
 
3 large egg whites
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 14-ounce pckg sweetened shredded coconut

Heat oven to 325 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
Whisk together the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a med. bowl
until glossy and sugar is almost dissolved. Fold in the coconut, 
stirring until evenly combined.

Using a small icecream scoop, drop the batter in mounds (about 2 tbsp ea),
1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden brown 
(about 20 min). Let cool completely.

desserts is stressed spelled backwards. :)

4 comments:

  1. Quite the fancy chair for Tody... I sort of imagine him in a recliner drinking micro-brewed pond water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he he ....and chewing a macaroon. :)

      Delete
  2. Lol to Valeriannas comment!
    Laughing even harder at the chair you put out there for Tody! I'm dyin' here!! You crack me up!
    Pretty deer. I will take a starry night over fireworks any day.
    Lastly, coconut is my favorite sweet thing. I put coconut in everything, it seems.
    I've never made these scrumptious macs. But I will. They look delicious.
    Thanks for the recipe.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's too fat for the chair... just a prop with my model. ;)
      Do make these macaroons then. They are even better the next day.... yum.

      Delete