Wednesday, October 30, 2013

a lily and technology

"Lily Rising"  encaustic w/Androstephium lily from the prairie


I'd like to recommend two TED talks that I watched this week.
They balance well and are,,,
well, UBER inspirational and insightful.
 
YOUR BODY LANGUAGE SHAPES WHO YOU ARE
by Amy Cudd

and
 
THE POWER OF INTROVERTS
by Susan Cain


We're enjoying some rain in SW Oklahoma this week.
And....
Today I submitted my info and images to the
Leslie Powell Gallery for my upcoming January show.
It felt good and like a big weight lifted.
I would like to take a little reading sabbatical now, but nope,
I will continue on in the studio. :)
I'm going to share some really good info on the Artist Statement
in a coming post (not my expertise, but the experts. ha!). 
Anyway, I gleaned some useful info that you may also enjoy. 

I'm also converting to my new MAC BOOK PRO.  Goodbye PC. :)
Greg is a Mac guy, so I have the best tech support.

Be well.




4 comments:

  1. Ooo wheee, your're full of fun tidbits and have got me anticipating some artist advice and words of wisdom.
    I'm definitely checking out those talks. They sound interesting! I'm so animated in body talk...I wonder what that says about me...;)
    Go Mac girl!!! You're gonna love it.
    Ps that Lily is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do, watch them both. You will enjoy. :) Yay for the Mac.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting paperwork done - I have a few stacks waiting that are keeping me from the studio!! Hope you love your Macbook Pro as much as I do, good to have a resident techie, just to get you set up... I haven't needed tech at all other than when I spilled coffee on the keyboard. BTW, I recommend getting a "moshi" cover for the keyboard. Its slightly less fun than an uncovered one, but will really help if there's a spill. The $30 I didn't spend on it when I bought the computer might have saved me from the $500 it took to fix it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an idea - though Greg thinks no drinks close by... yeah, right. ;)

      Delete