Monday, October 7, 2013

morning spectacle and sweeping wind...

 

one morning, a painting in the sky 
a performance really,,,
the colors danced and teased
and disappeared.

encaustic collage - material from real hummingbird nest...

over the weekend i cleaned and organized
my entire studio. cleared fuzzy cobwebs from the 
ceiling corners and even killed a spider (i'm sure
it was a brown recluse) hiding behind a picture frame.
i opened the window and door and welcomed a 
strong wind to enter and sweep through
with fresh new energy.
~  ~  ~

the art walk end of september was incredible.
the bird series is now laid to rest...
i continue to work (focus) on my january show.
many of these works have yet to be photographed, 
or even titled for that matter.
i'm still trying to catch up with myself. ha!
life is good on prairie hill.
i hope your october is magical. 

~   ~   ~
"god picks up the reed-flute world and blows.
each note is a need coming through one of us,
a passion, a longing-pain."
-rumi

6 comments:

  1. Those pink morning skies. That one in particular, that painting in the sky, is fantastic!
    Zody went out to enjoy it but then decided to eat grass instead. Hehe.
    Good time to clean. Get rid of poisonous spiders. Speaking of, I had a dream last night of many spiders in a web and I was frantic trying to remove them all.
    Can't wait to see what you've got going for the January show.
    That Rumi quote is perfect for my day today.
    Golden autumn days to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, wonder why the spider dream? Too many Halloween ornaments in the stores? ;)
      Goldeness and light to you too. xo!

      Delete
  2. It was such a blessing to meet you at the art walk in September!!! I hung my new abstract pieces immediately, and they look beautiful--the colors make me so happy. I love your blog! I love your art! I just remembered that I need to get my artist statement up on my wordpress for you to look back on, so I will work on that asap. Take care and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh--oops, this is Madison Miller with the spider birds (I got carried away and forgot to tell you who I am! haha).

      Delete
    2. Hi Madison! It's great to hear from you. And I'm thrilled to hear that those bright pieces bring you cheer. :)
      Your artwork is at the framers and I can't wait to get the call to pick it up! It's way cool!
      Thanks for stopping by - let's keep in touch.

      Delete
  3. I love the season, stood up early again today to see a similar sky, but today it is too misty. But yesterday when the sun came out I was able to dry my hair in the wind outside :)

    ReplyDelete