Saturday, November 23, 2013

On Ice

The latest medicine bags on ice!
I kinda like the turquoise drawstrings on these...





We are cozy and warm inside with plenty of hot coffee, comfort foods,
and candle-light.  I can see the icicles slowly melting a little in 34 degrees.
It's brutally cold out there with the wind added in!  I don't know how the
old pioneers survived on the prairie in their sod houses or log houses!  
I'm so thankful for all my electrical comforts! 

Prairie Hill today,,, with my future cedar Christmas tree...
Do you see Zody? 
There's a little layer of ice on everything...

This made me smile - Greg's nook.
Greg.  In an air-cast and on crutches and ON ICE!!!
Does it get any crazier than that?
His ankle isn't broken but he's pulled ligaments and
his poor foot is badly bruised and swollen.

Greg's been in rehearsal for weeks with his cast (people :)
and getting ready to put on another performance of the musical
that he and his daughter co-wrote: The Juries.
I'm looking forward to the show on December 7th.

~       ~       ~       ~       ~

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their 
labor; If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. 
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

4 comments:

  1. I had to enlarge the photo in order to see Zody - he blends right in!! Stay warm and swift healing to Greg's ankle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V - Zody hates cold weather! It's a fiasco trying to get him to do his business. Hope you are also warm!

      Delete
  2. Love the medicine bags! Yes to the turquoise ice. And I see you're starting to embrace the snake. But, that's a good thing! (One of your animal spirits,whether you like it or not!) haha.
    Zody looks like a rock.
    Did you plant that crop of cactus? If I could have anything in my yard it would be cactus. It does not survive our harsh winters.
    Another question, I see your bird feeder hanging off a tree. Do you not have squirrels there? It's impossible to keep them from terrorizing feeders here. I'm still looking for a squirrel-proof feeder!
    The Juries sounds great! I love musicals anyway. It must be so lovely to hear piano music in your house while you bake sweet potato pie!
    Sunday morning greetings to you guys on frosty prairie hill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I've been in denial, Lynn. The snake is my second totem.... I must admit. Now I will have to look up it's good qualities. :)
      The cacti - I transplanted some prickly pear up front - started from one paddle!! But the one you see pictured came from a friend we took from the pot to the ground - it's second year - it's done well. Gets gorgeous giant orange blooms in summer!!! I LOVE CACTI!!!
      Squirrels - none! Well, one once in a while. Too many predators out here, I suppose - coyotes, hawks...
      Warm Sunday greetings!!

      Delete