Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Turtle Shell Gift

 I circled around Prairie Hill today.  The big hawk in the tree
beckoned me to take the north rim path by Lake Lawtonka.
The bird naturally flew off when he saw me coming.

Look what my nature-hound nose found?
It was totally empty too.  Luckily, I had a bag with me 
so I brought it home to my garden plot.

My little medicine pouch was with me. 
 I even found some fresh sage and some purple aster flowers. 
 For a bit of humor, I included an Advil liqui-gel (in the foil).  
My favorite and yes, I had to take one today.

I saw a lot of tracks & digging from feral pigs - 
that always makes me feel unsettled.  
Especially when I have Zody with me.
The big tire was weird too.


I'm truly grateful that my natural remedies
got the victory over antibiotics.  I had no trace of a UTI when
I  woke this morning.  But the somewhat extreme things I ate and drank
yesterday put my body into detox mode.   I woke up with a horrible headache
and body aches and felt groggy for the first part of the day.
I'm glad I wandered in the prairie and let myself be revived by nature.

Wish you a beautiful, healthy and joyful December!

1 comment:

  1. Alright, that last image of you staring out into your prairie land is lovely!!
    You've got the look of contentment and peace on your gazing face.
    The turtle shell is the coolest!!!! You have such a knack for finding these gifts of nature!
    (Ya never know what yer gonna get, Forest.)
    Hee. That tiny medicine ouch, with tiny medicine! Doing see a wee little antler?? :)
    I always enjoy seeing your prickly pears.
    Hope you're having a healthy week. ;)

    ReplyDelete