Tuesday, January 7, 2014

ART: Sohbet - Encaustic Opening

 Sohbet
A Mystical Sojourn                      

Art, spirit and nature form a triple braided cord in my creative search.  Contemplation of beauty and the ephemera of a season such as seeds and flowers trail through this series.  My works are intimately small, though a close view reveals an undulating universe in multiple layers of wax.  I indulge in the encaustic process – fusing up to ten layers of colors to coax my image to the surface.    
  
Sohbet comes from the writings of Rumi.  It’s a Persian word meaning something  to the effect of “mystical conversation about mystical subjects.”  As the voices of Rumi’s poetry come from an inner and outer spectrum, so my artistic vision comes from both my spirit and the influences of nature.  Contemplating and fusing this concept becomes a mystical conversation for me.

Sandra Dunn
January 2014


Sandra Dunn received her BA in Art from Cameron University. She has exhibited in solo shows in Oklahoma and in various group exhibitions around the USA to include “best of selections” for the Moscone Center in San Francisco, the Chicago Cultural Center, and the Mims Gallery in NC.  


It's near!  My opening this coming Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. Your show!!!
    If only I could click my heels and be there... What a grand thing.
    And I'm your biggest fan of your encaustics!! I love them and I'm so in awe of them and the work and time and patience it takes to create one. And you've got many to show the world.
    I hope it's fun. I hope you are surrounded by admirers of wax and birds and seeds and all your encaustics that tell a story.
    I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn - I'll take pictures of the show. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats!

    Best wishes for a great show with lots of visitors!

    (To bad I am to far away...)

    ReplyDelete