Thursday, January 23, 2014

LIFE: Saying No.




Today, I said 'no' to a seemingly worthwhile 'thing.' 
When the roll call came to take part,,, 
I remembered how I felt last year about it (not happy),,, 
I remembered how life is too short and 
how time is too precious to squander.

So I politely declined 
and felt empowered and light afterwards.

~    ~    ~    ~    ~

I found The LET IT GO Project and I knew what mine
should be....  I let go of saying 'yes' to please someone else. 

~        ~         ~

"I guarded my spirit,
did not expend it on trifles,
that were not to the point."
from the Pen & Bell

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm trying the same. It's difficult, but we should do what is right for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a balance of knowing when to say 'yes' or 'no.' :)

      Delete
  2. You said it exactly right. It is a tricky balance. Should I or shouldn't I?
    My father always reminded me "if you're hesitant, don't do it."
    I can honestly say I have no trouble saying 'no' anymore. It wasn't always like that. But now, I find I'm almost abrupt. Adamant, usually saying "I don't think so."
    What a wonderful post, San.
    I'm so glad you opted out of it. It's very freeing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your father's advice. And I admire your strong spine. :)

      Delete
  3. Saying "no" - you are brave!

    It is easier to say yes, but sometimes no is much better in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily - I hear that better doors of opportunity will open. :)

      Delete