Saturday, January 4, 2014

NATURE: Strength from Elk Mt.





I had the pleasure of a long bouldering hike with a good friend
today.  I needed the exercise and fresh air,,, needed the strength
from granites, the endurance of the cedars, and the freedom of the
birds & wind.  I want to push myself physically this year.  
I want to enjoy the mountaintop views. 


It's not our job to remain whole. 
We came to lose our leaves
Like the trees, and be born again,
Drawing up from the great roots.
-Robert Bly
  

3 comments:

  1. Look at all those creases and layers and folds on those hoodoos.
    What a wonderful place to explore, to climb!
    With a little help from nature, the rock, the trees and the wings of the hawks, I think we're gonna see you soar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful world to explore. Love the concentric circles shadows on the boulder and that last standing stone is amazing. Hope the cedars and stones did their strengthening!

    ReplyDelete