Wednesday, January 22, 2014

RECIPE: I'll Take My Carrots in a Cake


I  recently bought a Breville juicer and started 'juicing.'  
Especially carrot and apple juice.  Well, I started craving
a carrot cake and have never made one from scratch.

And so I call my creation....

I'll Take My Carrots in a Cake

4 eggs
3/4 c. veg. oil
1 c. sugar (mix of brown and white)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of clove & nutmeg
Few drops of vanilla
3 c. grated carrots
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Beat eggs, mix in oil, then sugar & vanilla.
Mix in all dry ingredients, then nuts and carrots.
Bake in greased cake pan for 35 min.

Cream Cheese Frosting

Cream together: 
8 oz cream cheese 
and desired amt of butter 
& confectioner sugar
  a tsp of vanilla.  

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Your cake looks delicious. You did not say if you used your carrot pulp from your juicer or you just used grated carrots. I have always wondered if that would work.

    ReplyDelete