Thursday, February 13, 2014

LIFE: Heartbeats


Hand/Heart, Encaustic on Panel, 3" x 3"  

A little over three years ago I watched as Dr. Trachte inserted a long needle 
into my mom's back and suctioned a huge amount of water from her lungs.  
I forget how many weeks it had been since he'd performed her triple by-pass
 surgery then.  That procedure can be typical post open-heart surgery.
We've not seen this amazing surgeon in a long time, yet my
mom has had many ER scares,  doctor appointments with her cardiologist 
and various tests since that time.  Mostly her blood pressure gets unstable 
and extremely high.  Today, Dr. Trachte guided my hand to the location
 on my mother's abdomen where an aortic abdominal aneurysm was 
recently discovered.  I could feel it pulse under my hand.  
At the moment the aneurysm isn't large enough to warrant an operation, 
but mom will be checked again in 6 months to see how fast the AAA is growing.  
A future surgery is inevitable.... but not for now.   
My mom's heart is important to me - every beat - every moment.


A little nature find today.

Wishing you peace and health.

6 comments:

  1. Hey sister.
    Relieved nothing needs to be done today.
    Your mom is lucky to have a daughter like you. You are the best there is.
    Bless your heart, and your mother's heart, too.
    A prayer her way through the wind, on the wings of a bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn. Learning about something new..... My mother was a heavy smoker for years, but she quit 12 years ago. So proud of her and she is tough.

      Delete
  2. Blessings of all kinds, Sandra, may all be well. Lovely nest of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerianna. Same blessings and peace to you dear friend.

      Delete
  3. It's so hard to see loved ones go through health challenges but it sounds like your mom is in good hands, both medically and emotionally. Hope it all goes well for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerstin. We truly are fortunate to have such great medical care - and this particular heart surgeon is a diamond-type doctor!

      Delete