Monday, March 24, 2014

TRAVEL: The last of Santa Fe


 This is one of the best art supply stores!  I was thrilled to find
a small bar of GOLD encaustic medium.  How beautiful it will
look with blue and purple!


 I also love visiting the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe.
This time there was a special exhibit of her Hawaii paintings.
(Ansel Adams's Hawaii photographs were also included.)
I really enjoyed the 14+ paintings of the cottonwood
trees that were on display.   G.O.K. seemed to be caught
in their beauty... so was I!  Above is one of my favorites.

I selected these special milagros...
This is probably one of my favorite captures... early morn' and we're driving back home.
Last glances at the landscape while the sun starts to rise.

Special things....

So happy with this table runner I brought back!


And I put together this mini Retablo.
My wee shrine holds a white stone horse with just
a bit of sage from the ancient place...

"Every moment and place says put this design in your carpet." -Rumi

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    An art store like heaven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took a wonderful shot of the landscape while the sun was coming up. Santa Fe has the best sunrises and sets, don't you agree?! Piñon trees dotting the land, so distinct to NM.
    Your authentic table runner is beautiful! (I have the same one in turquoise!)
    I see you found the retablos store! I like your horse.
    I'm glad you had a great time in GOK country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the cutest! I've seen you looking beautiful, now cute! A woman of many faces! haha
    Looking forward to seeing that gold encaustic in action!
    Lovely shots.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing like a fabulous art supply store!
    love your Milagros & gorgeous table runner ♥

    ReplyDelete