Saturday, April 12, 2014

KITCHEN: Cheesecake & Pearls


Since I have to cut back on chocolate, 
I've turned to cheesecake and been searching for the perfect recipe,,,
I think I found a winner.  This recipe is simple and serves 10 rich slices.  
I've adjusted the recipe though - especially less sugar.

Philly Cream Cheese Cake

Crust:
1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Filling:
2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
A squeeze of lemon juice

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 325F degrees. 

Combine crumbs and melted butter & press onto the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. 
Bake crust for 10 minutes, remove from oven and raise oven temperature to 440F degrees. 

To make filling - mix the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer, then 
add eggs, one at a time.  Blend in vanilla & lemon juice and pour filling into crust. 

Bake for 10 minutes at 440F, then reduce heat to 250F and bake for another 25 min
Chill; top individual slices with desired topping, if any, just before serving. 


Greg says one day I will poison him. 
 I've been harvesting the wild plains onions 
growing all over the landscape and throwing
 them into just about everything I cook lately.


 All parts of the plains onion are edible, but I go for the
tiny pearl (bulb) under layers of skin.
This plant just has to be healthy!


The flower (so pretty) can also be eaten.
I tossed some into my breakfast burrito.
Tastes like chive.

I enjoy cooking and baking!
It's one of my favorite things to do.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, these onions grow wild around in your area! i also bet they must be healthy!

    ReplyDelete