Saturday, April 19, 2014

LIFE: Consider the Lily...


Santa Fe Lily with Green Heart
Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; 
and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not
 arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, 
which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the
 furnace;  how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith? 
And seek not what you shall eat, or what you shall drink, 
neither be of a doubtful mind. For all these things do the
 nations of the world seek after: and your Father knows 
that you have need of these things. But rather seek first
 the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added 
unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's 
good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 
Luke 12:26-32

Dog Tooth Lily on Prairie Hill
This week the Lily has been a theme...
A humble flower that doesn't blow a trumpet.
Light in color with the sweetest scent ...

There is another,,,
He is my Lily among thorns.
He feeds his flock among the fields of lilies.
His garment doesn't draw attention
and his fragrance is pure.

I did not grow up with religion or church attendance.
When I was a teen I acquired a plastic sign with a picture 
of an angel I think - but the words I'll never forget
GOD IS LOVE.

This week, a dear Muslim gave me a tiny Koran written in Arabic.
It was a kind gesture.  I read the Bible (scripture) like medicine, 
like a love letter, and of course to know my Lord better.
But there have been times of intense pain
when all I could do is raise my hands up to Him 
as sign language to say YOU are the one -
the fairest to my soul.
I trust you.

My spirit celebrates 
My being quivers
My flesh praises too

This holy, beautiful, loving 
Son of God

No comments:

Post a Comment