Saturday, May 10, 2014

NATURE: Beautiful Female Bunting


I found this beautiful (dead) female bunting in our yard this morning.
  I almost missed it laying in the grass - green on green.
 I think it hit the big living room window
that reflects back prairie hill and sky....

A journal sketch and then I buried it in the bird graveyard - my corner garden plot.

I kept a few tiny feathers....

'My' three sparrows on the back porch are getting so big. 
 It won't be long before they learn how to fly. 

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful in death, the little green bird!

    And the sparrows will be doing crazy things soon - adolescence. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sparrows flew off the same day.

      Delete
  2. She is so beautiful! I love your sketch that come metates her beauty.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, too bad, she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just is sad,,, the unusual thing though is that I keep being blessed with 'green' lately....

      Delete
  4. SO BEAUTIFUL. So sad.
    Maybe you could put one of those 'stick ons' on your big window? I've had that problem before, too.
    Your sketches and watercolors are the best. Really and truly.
    How is Feather and the others doing in the nest on your porch? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Saturday I spooked all three remaining birds out of their nest! Up and away they flew as I came around the corner and arranged something on the porch. I was glad to be there for the moment. It's a little strange now that mama bird and babes have disappeared though. There's the frayed nest up there in the porch corner... I wished I had gotten one last picture of their adult faces - but that was quite the ladder climb.

      Delete