Friday, May 2, 2014

NATURE: Intoxicating

This bee looks like she's trying on a hat.  (That's Prairie Larkspur and it's absolutely marvelous.) 
It's intoxicating on Prairie Hill right now.  I mean it's a spring orgy for birds and bugs and the eyes....

I loved discovering this June bug on the Indigo flower!
The colors were sublime.

I can't criss-cross Prairie Hill anymore - too dangerous...
from unseen chiggers to snakes,,, I have to be very cautious now.
The yellow coreopsis smells like angel's baby powder.
I walk up and around the hill and I'm just in awe of the
yellow heads,,, soon they will drop and another flower will
reign on the hill,,, which will it be?

I wish you a beautiful weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, so amazing!! Here, I am watching each day as tiny bits of the first garden growth is starting to peek out. The daffodils haven't even bloomed yet in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be beautiful in time there. :) Wishing you a restful weekend.

      Delete
  2. prairie hill looks so beautiful! love the prairie larkspur ~ we have larkspur in our garden and it is a bee and birdie magnet ♥
    have a wonderful weekend Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prairie larkspur!!! I don't have that here. Boohoo.
    These pictures are so pretty, I'm drunk from their succulence.;)
    I can't believe you won't be traipsing around certain parts of your hill! Dang ol snakes.
    Love you. Nice to hear you sounding so up and excited about summer.
    xxo

    ReplyDelete