Birthday Not Required -
Baked for my honey today just because he's so wonderful and because he loves chocolate...
Chocolate Passion Cake
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 heaping tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup quality Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces unsalted butter (softened0
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 1 cup whole milk (slightly warmed)
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8 inch cake pan (I always use my glass cake pan).
- For the cake: sift the flour, baking soda, cocoa and sugar into a mixing bowl Add the salt and stir.
- Whisk the eggs lightly before adding them to the mixing bowl with the softened butter, oil, vanilla extract, milk, water and vinegar.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into your prepared cake pan and bake for approx. 50 minutes.
- When the cake is completely cooled, sift confectioners sugar over the cake and top with your favorite flowers!I'd like to thank my late blooming passion flowersfor their beautiful contribution. :)Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday.