Tuesday, November 4, 2014

NATURE: Criss-crossings around and over Prairie Hill


I followed animal paths and hid myself in tree cover
where I could tell they lay... I mean deer mostly.
 In a hushed sanctuary of cedar and oaks I found the
 tiny empty nest... I could not resist,,, 
and collected some bright things to place inside - this 
wee arrangement now sits on the window sill.


On another note, this is the third year in a row that Zody has
scraped an eyeball on a dead grass or stem...
I took him on the shortest walk after my trek
and that's when it happened.  A small fortune seems
 to be spent at the vet just on this every "winter," 
but I'm  glad his little eyes can be healed.

6 comments:

  1. i love that last picture of you! So sorry to heat about zody's eye!!! Poor little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it! Look at you all covered in lavender star petals!! Prairie love!
    And that nest. THAT NEST. I would have plucked that thing and promptly set it in a window, too.
    Zody and his big beautiful eyes. Get well little fella. You are loved!
    I love a lingering autumn! If I had a "sun" icon it would be inserted here. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The asters had a huge showing this fall! :) I was amazed at how many flowers were still blooming on the hill.

      Delete
  3. that third photo, the gaze in your eyes.
    and that nest.
    such beauty in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the nest,,, seemed like such a gift to me. :)

      Delete