Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Warmth to the bones...


Gosh it's been cold!  So cold that it wants to creep into your bones!
So I made this soup tonight and I have to say, it was super delicious 
and I feel warmed through and through.  This may become a favorite.

 
Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup

INGREDIENTS:

2 tsps Ghee or butter
3 large carrots, chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 sm. onion, chopped small
1 tsp curry powder
1 3/4 cup vegetable broth (I just spray Braggs Liquid Amino into water)
14 ounces coconut milk
sea salt & coarse pepper, to taste

Put chopped carrots, onions, ginger and curry powder in a pot
 with butter and simmer for about 5 min., then add vegetable broth
 and simmer another 15 minutes, or until carrots are soft.

Allow to cool slightly, mash until pureed and add 
 coconut milk, heat back up.  S & P to taste.

I could frame this sweet book cover.
Kindness, warmth and peace to all of you....

9 comments:

  1. I am so making this, looks delicious thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your card! It made me smile that you finally found a whisker of Zody! :)
    One of my children books was "The little wood Duck". I loved the illustrations, but the story made me so so so deeply sad that I hardly did not want to open the book anymore. I still have it though! Hope you feel warmer soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had him for almost 7 years... and one whisker found. lol
      I love the illustrations of children' books.

      Delete
  3. that soup!
    and that book cover.
    i'm all taken with owls right now….

    ReplyDelete
  4. How would it be to have the last name as WILDSMITH!
    Owls are calling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'd love that name, eh!!?

      Hoot! Hoot!

      Delete
  5. I don't blame you! What a sublime pair of owls. Those colors, and those eyes!

    ReplyDelete