Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cooking, creating and looking out the window a lot .....

 Snow is coming down sideways - a 40 mile per hour wind is driving this white beast through....
Do lavender owls exist?  They do in my world!

 Craving potato pancakes.  

1 large gold potato
1 medium sweet potato
1 egg, lightly beaten                                                                                                                                2-3 Tbsp finely minced onion
1 tbsp dill 
Salt & coarse pepper to taste
1 1/2 tbsp fine bread crumbs (Panko) or flour
2-3 tbsp oil for frying
Peel and grate potatoes and place in a bowl. Squeeze out excess juice.  Add the egg, dill, salt and pepper and mix. Sprinkle with flour and mix well. Form the potato mixture into eight flattened patties and fry in heated oil until golden, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with chopped green onions and sour cream or yogurt.  Or fried-up sauerkraut, ha! 
I'm extremely pleased with how my first batch of fermented sauerkraut turned out.
Monday night I started my second batch of 6 pounds and now I have to patiently wait 5 weeks.
Maybe by then it will be spring time.


What are you doing? What are you cooking? How is your weather?

4 comments:

  1. These look good and I love sweet potatoes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra!! I love that snow scene and that food looks so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're makin' me hungry!!! Goodness those potatoe pancakes. Greg must have a constant smile on his face. :)
    You got my snow!!! It won't last, deary. Cross my heart.
    That owl medicine pouch has a little grin. He's a real cutie.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that meal. perfect.

    how much snow fell in total?

    ReplyDelete