Friday, August 28, 2015

OK Mini Gallery

In May, I was inspired by this story I heard on NPR.  I thought to myself, I would do the exact same thing as Ben!  If I saw a missing brick in a wall with found objects placed inside, I would definitely add one of my tiny artworks!  Ben's story inspired me to start the OK Mini Gallery.  It's structured a little different from the Tiny Nashville Gallery.  The OK Mini Galleries are gifts to businesses and organizations and intended for the public to enjoy.  These are real galleries shrunk down to miniature sizes - anywhere from 2" x 3" to 6" x 14."   Artists are donating all the work!

OK Mini Gallery #1 is located at Mrs. Chadwick Bakery & Coffee Bar in Medicine Park
OK Mini Gallery #3
Mates, Watercolor by Julie Larimer-Conley
OK Mini Gallery #3 at Basecamp Adventure Outfitters in Medicine Park
The Road to the Last Desert Grasslands by Jameson Crumpler  


Fused Glass by Denise Weidel

This Steampunk-themed gallery is no bigger than a cupcake!
 OK Mini Gallery #5 is only 2" x 3"and
is located at The Bakery Emporium in Lawton.
 
Balloon Shrine by Erik Hoepfner

OK Mini Gallery #3 is hanging in the gallery hall on the far right (Lawton Community Theatre)

Can you see it?
OK Mini Gallery #2 is the only one hanging outside - 
Bullets Burgers & BBQ in Medicine Park's order window. 

Oil landscapes by Katherine Liontas-Warren
 Kathy was one of my art professors at Cameron University. 
She continues to inspire me!

Withdrawing by Muriel Fahrion
Call to artists are on a Facebook site
which is the best way to manage communication.

I'm working on Gallery #7 right now.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you make something for one these. :)

      Delete
  2. As long as I have known you, you've always been BIG into small art pieces! Isn't it true?
    I love Katherine's oil landscapes, too!
    What a cool idea. Very inspiring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work small…. cell phone small. lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love them too. Oft I'd like to keep one for my wall. :)

      Delete
  4. my hologram art work are not small Freddie Kruger is 6 by 9 foot

    ReplyDelete