Saturday, August 22, 2015

Washington (again), Oregon and California

Inlet in Olympia, Washington

Columbia River in Portland, Oregon

Downtown Eugene, Oregon 
Rogue River in Grants Pass Oregon

Greg's dad lives in Grants Pass and we were able to visit him on the journey southward.
At the Schoolhouse German Restaurant
In Johnson City, Oregon we know of the best German restaurant in the U.S.A.
The Schnitzels are as big as platters!!  I had rye dumplings and red cabbage too.

 I have a soft spot for vintage photos!  I only selected two pictures
 out of the hundred I rummaged through in the Oregon antique stores.
I collected and pressed a lot of flowers from this entire trip.

Near Janesville - Northeastern California - close to Nevada border.
Smoky skies in southern Oregon and California.
We had a long drive to our next stop - Las Vegas.

2 comments:

  1. Another free little library? Great!
    Hehe the napkin tucked inside...SPP! Real down home!
    Who's that guy you're sitting with in Eugen? His face looks familiar...
    THAT LAST IMAGE...please print that off and send it to me, will you pretty please? I think it's gotta be my next roadtrip destination. ;) Looks like a killer place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be Eugene. lol. He was sitting in front of the library….
    I will send you a reminder to road trip some time to the valley of death. ha! It's a glorious highway of nothing but sage, and chocolate or vanilla mountains.

    ReplyDelete