Monday, October 12, 2015

Apple & Pear hike again...


We hiked and bouldered to Apple & Pear again.  
It's my new favorite exploring grounds in the Wildlife Refuge.
An advanced trek and frankly it took it's toll on me
 with 100 degrees temp!  Oklahoma Octobers can still
be very hot.   

Guy jumping between the monoliths.
Just as we were leaving, two young guys arrived
and actually climbed between Apple and Pear!

I asked this guy where the drop-off was on the other side,
and he said 10 feet away.  They scrambled on down on the 
other side and disappeared.  Young, strong and fearless.

I'm just thankful that Greg & I can boulder up 
to enjoy the view. :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Sorry I've been so absent, just in my own little world, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look stunning in this rocky landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing.
    and YES to being thankful that we can still be as active as we are. [~wink.]

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno, by the look of those legs of yours, I'm pretty sure you could do some good pear hopping. ;)
    Gorgeous times.

    ReplyDelete