Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving in Taos, NM

San Francisco de Asis Mission Church  

We spent Thanksgiving in Taos, NM.  I'm always enchanted with this land. Always.




The Rio Grande Gorge 
I spotted a Big Horn Sheep!

The Pueblo Site

Even though I'm back home now, I can still smell the pinion fires and sage.
It was brisk, beautiful, spiritual and earthy.  
I met some 'strangers' in a supernatural way - sisters in Christ and we prayed together.
A Pueblo brother and I embraced and blessed each other. 
Energy.
And that lone ram for my eyes and soul...

3 comments:

  1. Goosebumps! I felt the energy and spirit of the land. The pueblo brother, the prayers and hugs.
    Wow wow!! I've never seen a ram there, ever! Absolutely for your eyes only. (Hand to heart)
    Once, we were standing at the gorge bridge and I saw a white horse running along the edge of the rio grande canyon! I kept asking Chad later, was that a mirage?
    I loved that sleeping dog at the pueblo! And, did you bring home a terra cotta ram pot?
    I KNOW you did !
    Sweet times in my favorite land of all. The land of enchantment never leaves your soul.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you understand this, Prairie Sis. :)
      And oh yes, I got a little ram planter - it will be fun to decide what to spring plant.
      I also got a second Francis planter. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice photos! And what a great place to spend Thanksgiving!
    xx

    ReplyDelete