Friday, January 29, 2016

I'm ok; I've been better





So many days of pain
Multiplied into two years and counting

Sometimes I can understand how Sylvia Plath stuck her head in an oven
And Virginia Woolf walked into a river

Wishing for an end to pain, this is my weakness
Fearing, this may not be the worst thing I ever go through, I’m a Coward too

Darkness swallows my hope, dims my light
Yet I still have a fight in me

A spark, a seed
A smidgen mustard seed that's

Capable of resurrecting a barren field
Capable of turning the oven on to cook

Capable of walking beside a river
And enjoying the beauty of another day


(There are times when a chronic [medical] condition can get the best of you; there are hurdles, battles and difficult days.  You tell yourself that everything will be ok.)

4 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. Stay strong and believe. Sometimes, we are given what seems to be the worst of circumstances and all we can do is keep moving forward.
    Gather your strength from the river and from the beauty of nature. Let it carry you forward.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra sorry to hear things are not as they should, but you will move on from this time to better health. Secondly what ever you have told by doctors may be true, but each individual case is different and you must belive you will find a way to cope or overcome your health issues. I am thinking of you take care. Hugs and joy xx

    ReplyDelete