Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sweet baby girl...

On Monday I was at home recovering from a medical procedure and 
 didn't have to go to bed, instead I spent the whole afternoon in
the backyard with Zody and Fearless.  
Fearless was coming and going from the trees to the feed on the patio.

I put out food for her on Tuesday morning and then called to her in the evening
when I got home from work.  She didn't come and I joked that she may have flown away
(even though she had her own paradise here!)   A little later Greg discovered
feathers by the patio -  I recognized them immediately.
I watched those feathers develop over the last few weeks.  My heart hurts with sadness.  

Some of Fearless' feathers are buried in the garden.

I can only guess -  something snatched Fearless while she was
innocently eating on the back patio…. I was only angry for a
short while.  Maybe a roadrunner - we have plenty right now.
The neighbor's mischievous chihuahua?  Fearless was used to
my Zody, so this other one may have snuck back there.  I don't know.
I do know, after processing my thoughts and feelings over the 
past few days, that I accept this ending better than the
lawn mower that was going to get Fearless.   


I miss her.  I sorrow over losing her.  I'm grateful for what will
 always be one of the most beautiful experiences of my life.


Like a friend said, she enjoyed a few of God's
beautiful sunrises and sunsets with a full belly and joy.

I wanted her to stay forever.


"Listen to what you know instead of what you fear."
-Jonathan Livingston Seagull

9 comments:

  1. Awwww... I'll need to read back through your posts to fully get the story, but I get enough of it to know the feeling. Life eats life and I find it a brutal yet important thing to come to terms with. Blessings and hello and I know its been FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerianna! So good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. I am so, so sorry to hear this. If it's any comfort, know that you gave little Fearless a good life while she was with you. Holding you and Fearless in my heart....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope little Lucky is thriving. :)

      Delete
  3. another *yet* reminder that life is so fragile....and valuable....and sweet....

    sending you BIG love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh s***!!!!!!
    Pretty little bird never knew anything but LOVE and flying back and forth to her favorite food.
    How could you, her "mama", possibly teach her about the dangers of Hawks, roadrunners or cats.
    I'm sorry to hear you lost Fearless so soon. She really was just that, wasn't she? Fearless.
    I'll never forget what you did for her, though.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I'll always remember my special season with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest in peace, dear little Fearless! <3

    ReplyDelete