Friday, June 24, 2016

Matisse and Gordon Lightfoot

We recently saw the Matisse in His Time:  Masterworks of Modernism 
exhibit at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. The show is scheduled
 in only three venues - Martigny/Switzerland, Turin/Italy
and in here in OKC!

I was inspired by the artwork and the synergy of works from his
contemporaries like Picasso.





We also caught Gordon Lightfoot's concert in the nearby area!
I've been a lifelong fan!

Reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated. ;)
My journal page...

4 comments:

  1. Love that Lightfoot!
    He came here in 2007 and put on a beautiful performance.never forget it.
    Is he in his 80's? Close to it anyway.
    You look like that painting, you know.
    And I dig your journal! Nice work as always, sister of the okie prairie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got to enjoy him also. He will turn 77 in November. I read up on my Lightfoot facts. :) I seemed to be wearing the Matisse mint color, yes. lol.

      Delete
  2. me, too, a lifelong fan.

    so glad you shared the matisse paintings.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Gordon Lightfoot! Love Matisse! And your journal page sums it all up so perfectly.
    x

    ReplyDelete