Sunday, August 28, 2016

"I come in peace."

Sometimes I think a cloud has more weight than a mountain.
Among the lilies of the prairie.

When I walk the land, I often say this out loud every few steps or miles,,,

"I come in peace."

I avoid stepping on flowers, bugs or disturbing snakes.
I politely use my walking stick to knock a vibration before me.

"I come in peace."

older, wiser, wilder….

"Rescue the drowning and tie your shoestrings…"


Rereading Walden.  If I had lived in the 1850's I would have
been Thoreau's wife, I'm sure of it.

"Take up a little life into our pores."

7 comments:

  1. Looks so beautiful where you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a blessed space, Lily. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yay - I like how we make each other smile, Pencilfox. :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Mrs. Thoreau,
    You are amazing inside and out.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Add that to my list of names. :)
      xo!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, just like you. This post sure did make me smile.
    xx

    ReplyDelete