Friday, November 11, 2016

Fruitful Trees


When I prophesied 2016 as a sweet and fruitful year over myself at the beginning of the
year I didn't realize I'd go through so much pruning.  What I mean is, circumstances
reduced me to my very roots which are grounded in faith.  My eyesight was threatened
for five months - mmm, need I say more?  Then I had to let go of my 11 year job. Cut away.
Then the joy of all my new dental work of crowns, turned into the thing of nightmares…
when that one tooth broke off.  I'm still in this one - it takes several months for bone graft
to grow around the implant stem.  I've not been able to eat or speak normally for a
while.  I'm still producing the fruit of patience on this one.

My heart's desire was to plant fruit trees this year, so I planted a fig in October and  
two apple trees this month.  Planting trees is a form of self-blessing - it's 
spiritual and physical.  I can already taste the sweet figs.    

Massaging roots of apple tree #1.
Adding a few rocks for roots on apple tree #2.

"Israel" the fig tree has already wiggled happy roots into its new home on the prairie.

Israel gives me signs of hope.
And last but not least, Zody sunning by the cactus garden.
How is your season?  I hope you are well and fruitful.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful.

    it's difficult to imagine what's on the outer rim of change 'til we are standing there, taking deep breaths, realizing it's what we were meant to go through. i have been holding you in my heart.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been through so much this year....yet you continue to be one of the most optimistic people I know. Bravo to you for growing stronger throughout the pruning process.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious how your fig tree will survive the weather. Would love one myself, but am not sure if they stand the deep temperatures in winter.

    Getting fresh fruit from the garden is lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a warrior!! Braving battles and rising again and again. 2016 seems to have been a year of much pruning for many of us. What a beautiful imagery, pruning. I too feel as if I have been reduced back to my own roots in ways. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete