Saturday, April 22, 2017

ONPS Outing

I enjoy taking pictures of Mt. Scott from various angles. 
Yesterday was especially memorable as the Medicine Park Aquarium and
 Oklahoma Native Plant Society welcomed Mac Arthur HS students on site 
to learn about native plant conservation and pollination. 
The students braved the weather and drudged thru mud to 
plant flower beds.  We all had a marvelous time.

 We started with a rainstorm, but mercifully it didn't last long.
I believe the best time to plant is following rain.  
The ground has been perfectly prepared.
Widlflower Scavenger Hunt
p.s. Across the way, you can see Prairie Hill to the left,
and I can see my rooftop in the valley below. :)

Indian Paintbrushes and a Passing Storm 

This paintbrush can't decide if it wants to be yellow or red… hey, be both. :)
H A P P Y   E A R T H   D A Y  ! !! !!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! You live in a magical little town. I saw lots of these same flowers on my hike today at the Refuge.

    PS: I'm a new reader and really love your blog! I left a comment for you on your previous Apple & Pear post.

    ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heather - Aren't the wildflowers beautiful right now!? I wanted to tell you the best way to Apple & Pear is to start from the Post Oak trail parking lot. You pass the Post Oak waterfall eventually - there are upper and lower trails that lead to the base. The lower is marked I think. I really enjoy the area and the view. So nice to hear from you. :)

      Delete
    2. I will try that, thank you. I've been to the Post Oak waterfall but have not gone past it yet. I hiked 7.5 miles on Saturday with a small group of regulars at the Refuge and marveled at all the beautiful wildflowers. Miles and miles and meadows full of them! Indian Blanket, Indian Paintbrush, Coreopsis, Verbena ~ such amazing colors.

      Delete
  2. Wildflowers and passing storms. What a wonderful way to welcome spring!

    ReplyDelete