Sunday, April 23, 2017

Showy Evening Primrose

God speaks to me in flowers.  I spent my childhood playing in
fields of buttercups, poppies and cowslips in southern Germany. 
To this day, I still play in the wildflowers and marvel at their 
colors, scents, patterns, and strengths!   
Plants, herbs and flowers are powerful gifts from God. 


The doorbell rang and a neighbor stood there with a 
pretty pink flower in her hand and asked, "What is this?"

"The Showy Evening Primrose," I said
 and thought Oh My God.

You see, I've been thinking about the Evening Primrose
and using its oil as a healing tool for the rash under my eyes!!

Since December, I've tried several things to get rid of
 the ezcema on the delicate skin under my eyes. 
I've stopped using make up and to make a long story short,
I'm now using a zinc cream at night, vitamin E oil to moisture
and recently started Primrose oil internally.  The red bumps
have almost disappeared under my right eye.  Progress.

So, my neighbor welcomed me to take all the primroses 
I'd like from the thick patch growing beside her house. 
I transplanted some, but will check her plot for seeds
in the fall.  I sure would love primroses growing in my
gardens reminding me of another beautiful healing.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your little painting! And I love how you use the gifts of Nature for healing. Beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!! nature gives her gifts of healing.

    such a sweet little painting!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise natural medicine <3
    Oh those pink flowers, so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some of the prettiest pink flowers I have ever seen!
    And best of all, someone brought them just for you.
    I 🌸💗 spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete